Mindfulness Meditation Technique for Beginners
December 06, 2021
Do you find it difficult to focus on anything in life?
Do you think your mind to be turbulent most of the time?
Do you want to feel stress-free in life?
If your answer is “yes” to all these questions above, then you have come to the right place. Today’s world is all about speed and competition. Every one of us is facing challenges most of the time in life. Also, the pressure to keep up with the speed can make us feel the stress of being competitive all the time. Likewise, it is also common for us to be overwhelmed by many things happening around us. In this article, we will talk about one of the most useful techniques to help you relieve stress and improve your awareness. This is known as mindfulness meditation. Before we help you with the mindfulness meditation guide, let’s get you acquainted with the term.
What is Mindfulness Meditation?
Mindfulness meditation is a combination of mindfulness and meditation. Mindfulness is the state of mind where it is aware of the present. Likewise, meditation is the process of calming one’s mind. So, mindfulness meditation is a technique that helps you to deal with your mental state in a positive way by making you aware of your presence and keeping your mind serene.
What are the Benefits of Mindfulness Meditation?
Mindfulness meditation has innumerable benefits. Here they are:
- Reduces rumination
- Increases concentration power
- Reduces negative thoughts
- Induces positivity and optimism in life
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces depression
- Treats mental disorders like obsessive-compulsive disorders or anxiety disorders
- Improves sleep patterns
- Relieves stress
- Alleviates relationship conflicts
- Increases self-esteem and self-confidence
What are the Steps of Mindfulness Meditation?
A mindfulness meditation guide can help you practice the technique on your own. However, if you have any specific health issues, you can get the help of a professional. He or she can guide you to practice meditation either online or offline. We are going to help you with simple steps to practice this at home.
The best part is that you do not need any special preparation or skills to practice mindfulness meditation. You can do it for as long as you want as there is no specific time duration for this. Also, you can do this at any comfortable place of your choice, office, or home, etc. Another important thing you can practice this meditation at any time of the day. So, get ready to learn the easiest mindfulness meditation guide.
Here are some simple basic rules to start practicing mindfulness meditation at home:
- You can set aside some time each day to practice this meditation.
- You need to make sure that you are in a comfortable position.
- You can either sit or lie down while doing this meditation.
- The goal of practicing this meditation is to be aware of your present moment.
- Do not get impatient or demotivated if your thoughts keep on wandering at the beginning.
- Let your consciousness bring your mind back to the present moment each time it tends to wander.
- You can play soothing music if you want.
- You can keep your eyes closed or open as per your wish.
Mindfulness Meditation Technique
Here is a step-by-step guide to practice the meditation:
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position. You can sit on a chair, bench or lie down on the bed.
- Bring your focus to breathing. Breathe slowly. Be aware when you inhale and exhale. Be aware of how your stomach rises when you inhale and falls when you exhale. Keep your mind fixed on breathing.
- Now be aware of your legs. Notice the movement or feeling on your legs. Feel the sensation where your legs are touching the floor or the bed. Feel your hands the same way. Keep your mind focused on one thing at a time. You can feel your torso and other parts the same way. This will make you aware of your body.
- Now notice your thoughts without pushing too hard to move them away. Just witness your thoughts as a third person and see them passing by. Keep on breathing slowly. Try focusing on your breath and be aware of your present moment. Remain like this as long as you wish.
You might find it hard to focus on the present at the beginning. But with practice, you can find yourself being able to be aware of nothing else but your present moments. No matter, how long it takes, you can start noticing the difference in your mind within a few days of following this mindfulness meditation guide. Likewise, once you become a master of this technique, you can practice it in any environment without being bothered by external factors. Moreover, it will have miraculous effects on both your physical and mental health. So, do not give any second thought to try this and see how it works for you.
Benyam Gizaw is the brain behind the online tutoring app, My Tutor. His role includes taking initiative in launching the app, leading the marketing, and operations team. He is a super-optimistic and motivating thought leader who believes that knowledge has more power than anything else in this world. His mission is to create equal opportunity for receiving a proper education for all. This simple idea of spreading education globally has given birth to one of the most user-friendly educational apps.
In his own words, “Knowledge is the key to live a meaningful and fulfilling life. My Tutor is the first step towards fulfilling this mission.”
As a result-oriented, self-driven, and super-enthusiastic thought leader, he firmly believes that one can achieve his goal if he is consistent in his field of expertise and is ready to take chances in life. This positive approach towards life and work has made Benyam a unique personality. He continues to motivate his team members to give their best.